Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Unicorns - Mythical or Real??

If you have been a blog reader for a while, then you know that I really dislike unicorns. Like, REALLY. I'll buy them for the unicorn loving Pony Pals and I do have a few in my collection, but they are not my cuppa Vanilla Coke Zero.

Knowing that, and wanting to have a little fun with me, Denver Daughter Sarah sent me some references about unicorns existing. And not just any references, but references from the Bible.


Numbers 23:22 and again in Numbers 24:8 God brought them out of Egypt; he hath as it were the strength of a unicorn.


Deuteronomy 33:13 His glory is like the firstling of his bullock, and his horns are like the horns of unicorns


Job 39: 9 Will the unicorn be willing to serve thee, or abide by thy crib? 


Job 39:10 Canst thou bind the unicorn with his band in the furrow?


Psalm 22:21 Save me from the lion's mouth: for thou has heard me from the horns of the unicorns.


Psalma 29:6 He malketh them also to skip like a calf; Lebanon and Sirion like a young unicorn.


Psalm 92:10 But my horn shalt thou exalt like the horn of an unicorn


Isaiah 34:7 And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls


Having read the Bible, I had come across those references before, but never had I seen them all gathered together. (It did surprise me, though, to see just how many references to them there were in the Bible.)


I still don't like them. Nor do I take that as proof that they exist, now or in the past.


After all, there are references to dragons in the Old and New Testaments, too, and I don't believe in those, either. 


Take a look at Revelation 12:3-4, 7, 9; 13:4; 20:2 and  Isaiah 27:1 to check out a few of the dragon references.


So sorry, Sarah! Unlike the Cowardly Lion, I am not changing my mind.


 But that was a really nice try and you made your mama smile.






3 comments:

  1. Yeah--but--but Lynn!! Lynn--those references to the dragon refer to the evil one who is Satan (aanndd--we don't wanna touch that subject,do we??) NOT ones like "Puff the Magic Dragon"!!(hehe!!)
    Soooooo--seeing as the Bible is *true*, that means that unicorns were (or are??)REAL??!! Oh wow!!
    I'll have to re-read those references for myself--but (haha!)I learned something new!!THANK YOU Lisa!! You've made going to heaven that much more FUN!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwww---sure! Sure Lynn!! You *don't * like unicorns!(wink! wink!)
    I myself have that blk. running stallion and the rear. H-R model.(I'll have to recheck my listing to see if I have that Clas. Blk. one!)
    I wouldn't mind having that little purple one though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lot of unicorn photos for someone that doesn't like (or collect) Unicorns... * grin *

    ReplyDelete