Monday, April 17, 2023

At Last! Some Live Shows!

 Finally! I have gotten signed up for some live show fun! Indy Blooms is in two weekends and it's only an hour's drive from my home.

Barn Buddy Kelsey is judging and showing, so I offered to help get her models into their classes. I didn't enter and was planning to go down and hang out with friends and watch, so I can easily keep an eye on her entries and get them where they need to be.

Plus, Steff Bodamer and Ellen Vogel, GLC friends who are entered (and I think Steff is judging) are staying at my home Friday and Saturday night. Kelsey and I are taking them out to the barn to see our girls and then we are heading out to dinner Friday night. No doubt we will all go out to eat after the show, too.

Post show dinner, Indy Blooms 2022.

I'm really looking forward to spending time with my hobby friends that weekend!

I have not made it to any of the Great Lakes Congress spring shows this year which makes me sad, but I did just enter the Clover Classic Model Horse Show held in June. Like Indy Blooms, it is close, only an hour north of me. I will be setting up Horsiemama's Mercantile while there and I am bringing a non hobbyist, my sister, Leslie.


Actually, like me, Leslie was around during the early days of the hobby and she still has a few models on display in her living room. Her passions are living history and Hereford cattle (now there's a pairing!) but she still is a horse girl at heart.

Which is one of the reasons her period clothing is always riding habits.

Leslie will leave the habits behind but she is really excited to attend her first live show as she has been wanting to come to one for years. Her living history schedule has always conflicted but there was nothing already on the calendar for June 10. She gave me her carpet herd years ago and I'm going to see if there is anything I could bring and enter. She would get a kick out of that.

Having two model horse events (three if you count BreyerFest) on the calendar is a bright spot for me. 2023 has not been the best year, having lost James, having my health take a nosedive, being hacked, and more. It feels like that first warm summer breeze after a long and  cold winter.

It also means I need to get back to the sewing machine and get busy! Haha!




3 comments:

  1. 2023 has not been a good year for me either. This month, in particular, has been really hard, but I'm cautiously optimistic that things will get better soon. Hopefully, for both of us. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lynn!
    Hope I'm wrong about this--but according to the Facebook page, the show is APRIL 29TH -30TH----NOT this upcoming weekend---unless something changed??

    ReplyDelete
  3. https://chelseasmodelhorses.com/collections/indy-blooms-event

    ReplyDelete