Saturday, April 8, 2023

Hippity Hoppity, Easter's On Its Way

The Easter Bunny who used to come to our home (me) might have appreciated something like this basket that I found in Walmart yesterday.

Prepacked with assorted goodies and a horse and rider as gifts, all wrapped up in cellophane and ready to go.

But with six kids at home and a stay-at-home mom Easter Bunny, those $15 easy-peasy baskets-to-go were out of reach. (How about that for a record setting number of hyphens in a sentence? LOL)

Instead, I would buy several bags of candy and pull out the kids' baskets that they reused every year, get up very early, and painstakingly count EVERY. SINGLE. PIECE. of candy to be sure everyone got the same amount.

The stay-at-home mom Santa Claus did the same thing.


Todd and Sarah helping me with the count this past Christmas.

Tomorrow the Easter Bunny only has a few baskets to pack but even though she looked at those tempting pre-packaged Walmart baskets yesterday, she stuck with tradition and came home with bags of candy to separate and count.

But what if there is an odd number of pieces and they can't be sorted fairly? Not to worry; the Easter Bunny will do what she always does.


Eat the leftovers!




2 comments:

  1. Happy Easter! AJG

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure the kids enjoyed the home made baskets much more than they would have the commercially prepared ones. Yours were made with love.

    And I always considered the left over candy as the Easter Bunny's payment. :) Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete