I have been asked to help with a couple of volunteer jobs for BreyerFest and Breyer Boot Camp was one of those things. I've been stewarding one of the divisions and while it has been fun, it has been a lot of work. And that work load ratcheted sky high the last few days entries were accepted.
Entries are now closed and while the I've been stewarding daily since entries opened weeks ago, many people waited until the end to put their models into classes. At least one class in my division doubled in size overnight! (And it was already quite large.)
I spent a lot of time yesterday going over the new entries, fixing formatting errors, moving models into their correct classes, and answering questions. There's at least one class we may split - I've let the judge know and will see what she wants to do.
In a way, it's been a little like being back in the classroom and teaching - you have a group of people new to model horse showing (this is a novice show), and you are instructing, reminding, demonstrating, and more, all while looking forward to seeing these people learn how to show and hoping they enjoy the experience.
An added bonus? Stewarding Breyer Boot Camp mades me so excited - it says that BreyerFest is getting close! (And I am really hoping to attend in person this year.)

No comments:
Post a Comment