This being hacked has sort of become the new normal - not that that is a good thing. But at least there are fewer and fewer surprises as to what the hackers have done or where they have been. At the moment I can live with that (not that it is a choice, but still.)
Easter weekend began with me ending a month long migraine study. The neurologist had me keep a log of all my migraines for a month and then bring that in to examine for any patterns, triggers, and anything else we could learn from the log. Well, we learned that I'd had 15 migraines in the month of March, one every two days, which is not good. No patterns were seen, nor any triggers. I was given new meds and told to continue logging two more months.
I had four more migraines the next two days including one that was so bad it brought me to tears. The new meds didn't touch it and it was a very rough two days.
Easter Sunday we had family coming for dinner. Craig was cooking a ham and I told him I was smelling smoke. We checked the oven and it was filled with flames. Smoke alarms began blaring and we could not get them to stop for over a an half hour. Finally the fire was out, the smoke cleared, and Craig was able to figure out what had happened. He had been using an old and well used roasting pan that had developed a crack in the bottom. As the grease leaked out and fell onto the bottom of the stove, it had ignited. We are out a pan now, but our home and lives are okay. Grateful.
And then the messages began rolling in from friends and family that I had been hacked, plus yet another migraine had begun. The real nightmare began then.
The hackers now control my computer as well as my phone. Somehow they got my back-up passwords so every time I change a password, they receive the new one and change it to one I don't know so I cannot recover my accounts. As soon as I think I am in, I lose access again with no idea as to what the password is because they have already changed it.
I spoke to one of the Indianapolis volunteers who works in technology and he gave me some pointers and offered to help me fix this. Another friend of ours is the Director of Homeland Security in five states, and he sent me some resources the government puts out when you are hacked. I plan to dig through those today with Craig. (Craig is very tech savvy but he, too, is stymied as he tries to recover my account.)
I don't like this new normal, but I can read email at the moment so it's a start.
Oh, wow. That's a nightmare. It'll be figured out though! I'm so sorry about your migraines. That must really suck. I hope you get better soon!! AC
ReplyDelete