Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Summer Gathering 2023: Happy 4th of July!

Happy 4th of July! I already have the holiday-specific piano rolls out and ready to go. (No doubt I will be asked to find Star Wars and a few other family favorites, too.)


I'll be baking a Texas Sheet Cake and then we will all head on down to Indianapolis later today to my sister Jenny's home for the tenth annual family bocce tournament.


We will play games, eat, and chat and then later in the evening, set off some fireworks. My boys love fireworks and they are legal in Indiana, but I always sit inside with the dogs and any littles who don't like the loud booms. (I don't like them, either.)


Pony Pal Susan helped me decorate for the big day and she was very creative.


I prefer kid decorating and a home that looks like people love living there, so kids are welcome to put decorations where they wish. 


Kyle repaired the Lego Blue Jay his kids made my mother and which I inherited. Now it stands proudly on my dresser.


I don't know who it is that likes to keep Pepper's leash twined around the handrail for the stairs. I untied and put it away a couple of times only to realize when it kept reappearing that it was more than just a red dog leash to someone. And Pepper has more than one leash so it can stay there.


Yesterday's family birthday celebration went well and Kate was thrilled with Neapolitan.


She was surprised to learn that Neapolitan was also a type of ice cream so I am going to buy a half gallon and we will have a treat in the next day or two.

Have a great 4th of July, all! (And wish me luck in the bocce tournament!)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment