Sometimes it is really hard to keep up with Breyer. Not that I am complaining. Not at all. I love all the offerings they have, from models to pins, to plushies and ornaments and Club releases... I struggle to keep up sometimes!
Yesterday the first photo of a release for the 2024 Vintage Club dropped and my jaw dropped in return. I did not see this coming.
It's a nightlight, folks! On the Geronimo mold in a vintage splatter dapple color!
In retrospect, maybe I should not have been surprised.
Two pieces in 2017 also forshadowed where Breyer might be going with its Club offerings.
and Quinn harked back to the 1984 Proud Arabian Mare who came with a similar halter and lead rope. (Photos from Identify Your Breyer.)
Oh, and don't forget Cooper in 2022, who was a nod to the Appaloosa Performance Horse that came with doll rider Brenda Breyer and a bridle and bareback pad. (Photo from Identify Your Breyer.)
What might come in future Club releases? Thoughts of that give me happy chills. A lamp? A Pacer with a sulky? Flockies? There are so many vintage models from the past that Breyer could recreate for the Club!
I joined the Vintage Collectors Club the year it opened and I have never regretted that decision. It just keeps getting better and better and I can't wait to see what else Breyer has in store for us in 2024.
(The drainboard blog post got bumped for today's post - I was so excited about Kirk and had to write about him. So, as I've been saying, stay 'tooned!)






No comments:
Post a Comment