It's Monday so we can expect a fresh week of BreyerFest announcements. But, aside from sharing the peek at the virtual workshops that dropped last Monday, I still have not shared last week's other BreyerFest news.
The biggest announcement happened on Friday - ticket news! Normally ticket sales begin in February, and collectors have been wondering why that has not yet happened.
Friday's BreyerFest blog post was short and to the point.
Tickets will be going on sale this month (March) and Breyer says, "... as soon as we are ready to announce an on-sale date..." they will share the news, and then thanks everyone for their patience.
Speculation on social media is that, because of the issues CCG has had in shipping models, Breyer is leery about having similar issues with BreyerFest and wants to make sure CCG is back on track before selling tickets to the event. This year's tickets will all be done electronically, something new in and of itself, and I think Breyer is wise to straighten out these problems before starting ticket sales.
Judging by the numerous collectors (including myself) whose long-awaited models have begun arriving and reports of other shipping problems having been addressed, Breyer is working hard on the mess at CCG.
Three more guest horses were also announced last week:
Repeat the Beat will be returning to BreyerFest as a guest horse this summer but no models will be sold.
I missed out on getting this piece and as time has passed, I have become more and more a fan of the mold. (Anyone have a Repeat the Beat for sale? Contact me at horsiemama8@gmail.com, please!)
Similarly, past BreyerFest guest horses Diablo DC
and Novelisto D will both be at BreyerFest in-person but no models of them will be offered. Breyer does suggest that you bring your own models if you'd like to have them signed by the horses' owners.
Already I am very much looking forward to this year's BreyerFest. I have been participating virtually since 2020 and have got my own BreyerFest routine and things I do that weekend that make it special for me. Virtual BreyerFest is the right fit for me at this point in my life and lets me attend despite some of the health challenges I've been having.
I'm ready to buy my tickets as soon as they are announced!




I would love to find a Novelisto D model. I wonder if Breyer are having to change prices and are trying to figure out how to announce that. Model horses are made in China, after all. I enjoyed my visit to BF 22 but don't think it's worth it to take my husband again. Happy to have the virtual version to enjoy!
ReplyDeleteBetsy in WI