Wednesday, March 12, 2025

Oh, Breyer!

First Post of the Day 

Remember those three orders I'd made from Breyer that got caught up in CCG's shipping woes? I'd contacted Breyer about all three and eventually did receive them. I thought that was the end of it and did not expect to hear anything else - case closed.

Well, yesterday I got an email from Breyer responding to my old email about the Brilliance Gift Set and saying they were looking into that missing order.

Two minutes later, and before I could respond and let them know I had actually gotten the set, I received a shipping order that "my" set was on the way.



Not again! I still have the extra blanket they sent me in a similar situation. I'd emailed them about that and asked for directions on how to return it, but never heard a thing back and so it sits on a shelf here in my office.

I emailed the woman who'd contacted me and let her know that the set had actually arrived and that I did not need a replacement one. There has been no word back from her and the order is currently listed in my account with a new order number and labeled as unfulfilled. 

I know the warehouse is trying to straighten out all the shipping messes there, but there sure seems to be a way to go before that is accomplished.



In other Breyer news, here are some recent BreyerFest updates:


The SuperDogs are returning after a six years absence. There is a "pat and chat" afterwards.



On Monday Breyer sent out a last call to those who would like to volunteer at BreyerFest. It's too late now to volunteer, but there is always next year!


Two more guest horses, both part of Kentucky Horse Park's Mounted Police, will be making appearances in July.


Gentle giant Oliver (no models available) and Hytyme Legend will not only be policing; they will be guest horses, too.


There will be some Hytyme Legend models available for purchase at BreyerFest.


The official guides to BreyerFest, both in-person and virtual, are now posted for attendees.




I have been to BreyerFest in person many, many times. It's fun and I hope every collector gets to attend at least once in their lifetime.

But I really love the virtual component and enjoy staying home and participating from afar. I am not hiking long pathways around the KHP grounds in the heat and humidity, standing in line, fighting crowds, or circling around as I search for a parking spot.

I do the virtual workshops, watch Kimber and her interviews, and chat throughout the day with other friends who are also doing virtual BreyerFest. Craig and I go to dinner at Bob Evans (a long time BreyerFest tradition for us) and I watch the evening show and the auction.  I even watch my own seminars - there's something about going to Breyer's web site and seeing one of them listed there that makes me happy.

(My next project after Kalamazoo is to get this year's virtual seminar recorded.)

Speaking of Kalamazoo, my things may have already been loaded and are on their way north to Michigan, but I am still doing preparations here at home. I even finished a Frances Rump!

Pictures coming soon - stay 'tooned!



3 comments:

  1. You are a good role model for the times when I can no longer attend in person. It's a pity we could not connect there for longer than 5 minutes though!! Thanks for all the heads-ups too; you are usually my first source on Breyer news, believe it or not. Yes, family traditions around BFest are a great thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynn don’t worry about the extra items they have sent, it’s a blanket and reg run set no one is losing out, paying to ship it back is actually a bigger hassle to Breyer. Just pay it forward with a giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to at least make the effort to rectify the issues. It only feels right to make the attempt even though I strongly suspect the blanket and models will be staying with me. Lynn

      Delete