The first mish mosh post of August!
What's a mish mosh post? Several small things, too small for a full blog post, combined into one. ("Mish mosh" was also a common answer when we kids used to ask our mom what she was making for dinner. In other words, she really didn't know at that moment! LOL)
My BreyerFest Volunteer Model
His paint job is stunning and he is very, very matte.
I liked all three colors (it was a gambler's choice) but black was the color I liked best. I am thrilled to have this pretty guy in my collection. Thanks, Breyer!
Some New Dala Fabric
The theme for BreyerFest 2026 is Midsummer Fair (I love that!) and Scandinavian horses will be a big part of the event. Daughter-in-love Emily is Swedish/Canadian, and I know from her that Dala horses are very much a part of their culture.
I have begun to buy Dala-themed fabrics in anticipation of the event.
I made two XLTs from each of these stylized Dala fabrics
and they sold before I could even advertise them! I've got more more of this fabric on order - I really like the black and red and may make one for me.
One new order of fabric has arrived while another is still on the way.
Some of the fabric (like this one) is already spoken for - I've had people contact me after they heard the 2026 BreyerFest theme and ask specifically to make them an order using Dala horses.
Since I am currently awash in all fabrics Dala (LOL), I'm trying to think of something I could make Emily from some of it. This fabric would make a nice pillow.
I will send these pics to those who asked me to make them some haversacks using a Dala print and then I will use the rest of it for my stash of completed haversacks. (Which is very depleted at the moment between recent sales and donations to a couple of shows.)
I reordered more of this Halloween fabric. It's sold out twice and is very popular. (I like it, too.)
And I got more of this burro fabric in. Burros are also a very requested print for haversacks.
Cambria & Titan Keep Busy!
Shrek the Musical (and the infamous How Now Brown Cow video) hadn't been over for more than a few days when they were back recording another video.
This was a different composer and it was a Christmas song that they were recording. Titan is in the middle with Cambria to his left in the back row.
New to their experience was a modeling gig.
After seeing the kids in Shrek the Musical, Christy Marshall Photography contacted Jessica and asked if the kids would do a photo shoot for her. As I understand it, it is to be used advertising mini shoots for back to school pictures. (Photo by Christy Marshall Photography.)
That's new to their wheelhouse (and their mama's!) but Cambria and Titan are having fun doing projects like these.
Summertime! And the Livin's Easy
Leslie and Rick plant a huge garden every year, and they focus on heirloom varieties and indigenous plants.
This was their corn a few weeks ago...
... and this is that same corn right now! I think Rick stood in the bed of the truck to take that photo. Wowza!
Hmm, I actually had more mish mosh to share, but this post has become quite long so I'll share the rest in a day or two.
Stay 'tooned!














What a fun post! I love love love your volunteer horse! I was really taken with all three colourways too.
ReplyDeleteAnd I love seeing all your pretty new fabrics. My favorite is the one you might use as a pillow.
And your sister’s corn photos!! Amazing! That line from “Oklahoma” immediately came to mind. I love that she plants heirloom varieties. I haven’t planted a vegetable garden in decades, but I have to say I’m a little inspired.
Wow! What stars your grands are becoming!
ReplyDeleteCongrats to them.
All your fabrics are great but I adore the skeleton Halloween fabric!