Second Post of the Day
This week I received an email from a woman who had bought maple cakes from me at the Feast in October. I don't know her, and she must've picked up one of my cards and thus had my email and could contact me.
She wrote,
Good Morning,
My family attends the Feast of the Hunters Moon yearly and my granddaughter's main goal each year is to get a maple cake. We attended this year and I bought 10 maple cakes. Half were given to the grandkids to eat then and the other 5 put back for Christmas. My husband found the cakes and ate one before I noticed what he was doing. Needless to say, I'm one cake short for Christmas. Do you sell and ship these? If so, what is the cost and is there a minimum for an order?
Sincerely,
CH
Oh, my goodness! I laughed, but I also could imagine her frustration at her husband having eaten one of the grands' maple cakes and thus leaving her short for Christmas!
I did a quick count of what I had left - I was saving some for my own grands' Christmas gifts, too. Luckily, I had one extra maple cake - just one! (Actually, I sorta kinda did have my eye on it for me.) I replied to CH, got her mailing address, and sent the maple cake out this morning.
CH wrote me one more time to thank me. And in that email she said,
I will hide it with the surviving 4 until Christmas. LOL. We will be sure to visit with you next Feast! Happy Thanksgiving and have a blessed Christmas.
Sincerely,
CH
Needless to say, I look forward to meeting her next October. I sold so many maple cakes this year, too many to remember everyone's faces. (Er, except for the boy who "didn't die." I think I'd know him! LOL)
It will be nice to put a face to the message. And maybe I'll meet her husband, too. He'll get a free maple cake on me if he's there! LOL
It's time for the November Give Away! This month, I am giving away DanPatch/Oxford souvenirs like these that were at the show:
So, my plan is to head over Saturday morning and pick up a few things and then put them in the Give Away. I'll post pictures as soon as I can tomorrow.
In the meantime, you can begin entering by commenting on any blog post (starting with today's two posts) that is posted between now and Monday, November 13, 11:59 PM Eastern.
Good luck and stay 'tooned!


I’ll enter for a chance at Dan Patch swag! And, what a fun(ny) maple cake story!
ReplyDeleteI think you will need to boost the Maple cakes order again next year!
ReplyDeleteI am drooling over that bandanna. I was fortunate to snag two mini Atlanta models from Hambletonian day and the bandanna wold be a nice shelf drape under the grouping.