First Post of the Day
Yesterday I wrote, Our family received a very sweet treat. For Craig and me, you could say it was great, even grand!
The words "great" and "grand" were a hint as to what that treat was.
Elsie Mae, our first great grandchild, was born Halloween morning in Idaho!
The resemblance to her daddy is strong.
Really strong. I'll have to get out some of JC's baby pictures to show that resemblance.
Jayci is doing well and the family is now home and settling in to parenthood.
Grandmama Sarah (who will be known as "Gimme," as in "Gimme that baby!" I kid you not. LOL) has gone up to Idaho for a few days and is helping the family out. Todd will go as soon as he can.
Aunt Trinity came up with Sarah's name. For years we have called Sarah "baby whisperer" with good reason. If there is a baby in the vicinity, she will eventually be found holding it. A young, tired mom needs a break? Sarah steps in. And so on. Gimme fits her perfectly.
Trinity also dubbed her dad "Gimpy" because he's been having some knee problems, but he found his own name - "Grandpapa." (He says he'd like the r to be rolled when it's pronounced - I think he was kidding but I am not totally sure! Hah!)
Welcome to the clan, sweet Elsie Mae!
The 'grand' indeed tipped me off to just this guess, but I somehow missed the 'great.' Somewhat staggered to think you could be a great-grandma! My own great-grandfather died about 8 years before I was born.
ReplyDeleteI picked up on the 'grand', too (and also missed the great).
ReplyDeleteHow absolutely fun to have a Halloween baby in the family!
Congratulations great gramma!