Yeeha! I am heading down to BreyerFest today. I only live four hours from Lexington, so I can have a leisurely morning and do last minute things without rushing. I still need to check the water in the aquarium, finish packing my suitcase, and that's it.
Moment, my former classroom pet who was a two inch baby when I bought her for my classroom four years ago and is now nine inches and still growing! I'll put a weekend feeder into the water for her, change out her filter, and top off the water in her tank.
It will be a "relaxed whirlwind" of a trip - I am not selling anything or showing, taking any seminars, or participating in any of the activities that require you be someplace at a certain time. (Aside from using my tent tickets to pick up my models.)
I plan to shop tonight at the Clarion and visit with friends, wander and shop the horse park tomorrow, and then return to the Clarion Friday night. Saturday I will head on down to Tennessee as it is my youngest son's birthday and I would like to spend it with him.
In the meantime, here are a couple of photos from past BreyerFests that I have attended.
Have we come a long way, or what? The BreyerFest Open Show in 1995 back when it was held in the covered arena. I remember slogging through that arena dirt in order to show my models. By the end of the show, I was dirty and so were my models. Thankfully Breyer no longer uses the covered arena for its shows.
BreyerFest 1997 - Stephanie Clift, Kathy Bateman, and Beth Dickinson with some of the trolley horses. We all sported fanny packs which were trendy back then. They may no longer be in style, but they are useful and I am bringing mine along with me this year.
Not sure of the year on this one, maybe 1999? Beth Dickinson, me, and Stephanie Clift. I wish I could remember what happened to my tee shirt - I'd love to pull it out and wear it this year around the horse park.
Pictures from 2019 BreyerFest coming soon!




Have fun, stay cool and safe! Ohmigosh I remember showing in that dirt arena...good times!
ReplyDeleteI did not know that horse made a t-shirt! Kathy and myself designed him together.
ReplyDelete