Surprisingly, only one model was bought while shopping the rooms of the Clarion.
Yvonne Rott and me. Photo taken by Nancy Kelly.)
I have long wanted a bay Balking Mule to go along with my childhood seal brown one.I'd found a few over the years but they were either too expensive or too dinged up.
This piece came from The Horse You Want and is the semi gloss version. I am so happy to add him to my collection!
As you may have heard, there were issues with getting the tent special runs as Breyer did not make enough pieces for the amount of tickets sold. (There was also another problem that is less well known. According to Liz Cory, they accidentally left 1500 models back at the factory, discovering their mistake on Friday. Those models were overnighted to the horse park right away.)
I wanted two pieces - Banner and the Andalusian in pearly rose grey.
I missed out on Banner, but I was surprised to open my blind bag and see that I had indeed gotten the pearly rose grey! I love him!
The Indian Pony is one of my top five favorite vintage molds, and I have been looking for as alabaster with warpaint for a very long time.
This gal is dirty and a little yellowed, but she has lovely shading and will look nice on my shelves when I get her cleaned up.
As I said, Banner was sold out when it was my turn in the special run tent line. I wasn't interested in any of the others offered, but I do think the Weather Girl mold is lovely and so I bought a Natasha.
I will sell her at cost if I know anyone looking for her; in the meantime, she'll be displayed on my shelves.
Since I'd bought a three day ticket, I received an Oliver, too. He's nice, but I don't collect him. He, too, will be sold or passed on to someone.
The one piece I was really hoping to buy was an alabaster Five Gaiter with black eyes, but I did not see any for sale. I'll just keep looking and having fun doing so.











No comments:
Post a Comment