Thursday, May 10, 2018

A Stealthy Selfie

Peter and Elaine Stone came into the show hall about an hour before the show wrapped up. 
They made some announcements about Equilocity and then strolled around the room, talking to a few people.

Including my friend Liz Isham Cory, who used to work for Peter and was sitting right behind me.

Now, I have met Peter Stone several times before and have some pieces signed by him as well. He and his father were both integral to Breyer until he had a falling out with the company and formed his own in Shipshewana about twenty years ago. Peter is not getting any younger (according to the Stone website, he was born in 1940 which makes him 78 years old) and I do not have any photos from our past encounters. I wanted one for historical purposes, but I did not want to be a fan girl and go ask him to take a picture with me.
So, like any other modern, self-respecting woman, I whipped out my cell phone, changed the camera to selfie-mode, aimed, and snapped some shots over my shoulder! No one was the wiser (except Brenda Metcalf at the table in front of me who heard me giggling and figured out what I was doing) and I got my photo of me with Peter Stone!

Fan girl, indeed!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know why, but this post makes me really happy.

    :D

    ReplyDelete