Thursday, May 3, 2018

Clinky Mayhem

Clinky Mayhem is happening this weekend out in California. Heather Wells has been working for years to rehome the late Karen Grimm's 12,000+ piece collection. She has taken models to BreyerFest for several years, and is hosting Clinky Mayhem in California with help from Janie Berkwitz and Kristina Lucas Francis to sell the myriad chinas that were in Karen's collection.

It seems like the whole hobby is watching Clinky Mayhem unfold - there are about ninety people there while the rest of us (including me) watch from afar.

Teresa Rogers has organized one of the most interesting activities at Clinky Mayem - the opportunity to visit the W. K. Kellogg Arabian Horse Library.
(Photo from Google Images.)

There is a special exhibit on Hagen Renaker to see, and I believe they may also have access to the barns and will be able to see some beautiful Arabian horses.

I am among those watching the event online, but I am also heading to Shipshewana for the Stone Country Fair show on Saturday so it will definitely be a big hobby weekend for me, too!

I have a proxy buyer lined up at Clinky Mayhem thanks to another friend and together they are trying to buy a piece I have long wanted and is available from Karen's collection. (I will write more on their efforts in my behalf in another post.)

I have a feeling that this is going to be a really exciting weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment