Sunday, May 20, 2018

Who Goes Where?

Craig has been hard at work upstairs anchoring my new curio to the wall in one of the spare bedrooms. It's a necessary task - we have 14 grandchildren, eight of whom are younger than five, and all of whom are coming Memorial Day weekend to celebrate my retirement.  The new curio is tippy, and it needs to be secured to the wall pronto before the kids arrive.
While he is working on that, I am pulling pieces out of my other curio cabinet, trying to figure out which one to put where. It's an enjoyable task.
 There are breakables everywhere - on the love seat,
 the dining room table,

 a nearby windowsill,
and even on the floor! (That very broken and glued brown MIJ clinky was my very first piece - given to me by Santa in 1963.)
I had so many pieces crowded into my first curio, that these represent only two shelves' worth!

I think I will put my "clunky clinkies" (those pieces that have heavy features like Metlox, Freeman-Leidy, etc.) upstairs along with larger, non Breyer chinas (Lakeshores, Chevals, Lenoxes, and some resins.)

I will post pictures as soon as I get everything sorted out!

No comments:

Post a Comment