Saturday, November 3, 2018

New Ponies!

Some new models have arrived from my friend, Lynn Anderson, and The Model Trading Post.
I love Breyer's Stretch Morgan, and when I saw this one on sale on her site, I snapped him up. He has beautiful shading and is in excellent condition, especially when you consider that he was produced in 1990 - 1991 and is eighteen years old!

The Running Foal is a vintage mold like the Stretch Morgan, and this guy is nicely done. I am trying to decide if I want to take that blanket off or not - his color underneath is so pretty. But I am afraid that I might pack it away and forget about it if I do. Hmmmm.
There is also a charm bracelet that came with this piece - it would make a great Christmas gift to one of my little Pony Pals. I think that is what will happen to it (even though I normally keep all pieces that come with a model together.)

And while I prefer Breyer's vintage molds, I really liked Grace, the fourth Vintage Collectors Club offering this year.
I also like black horses, so even though I have no other Weather Girl models, Rhapsody in Black has come to live with me. (I am not starting a new conga, I am not starting a new conga...)

Finally, I bought this blanket, even though I already have it.
Photo taken from Google Images.

I sew a lot, and now that I am retired and have time, I thought it would be fun to make some blankets for my models. I didn't have a pattern, and so I am planning on using this to create one. I may have to cut it apart or modify it, and I did not want to do that to the one I already had in my collection of blankets. (If anyone knows where to get good blanket patterns, please leave a comment. Thanks!)

It's a rainy Saturday here in Indiana and the perfect day to try my hand at model horse blankets.


5 comments:

  1. I sometimes just wrap a paper towel around the horse and draw on it. I like paper towels because they're soft enough to bend but then can be flattened, and cutting and taping is easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOUR IN INDIANA!!!! I live in the southern part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete