Monday, December 16, 2019

Abby's Christmas Gift to Tim

Every year I give Tim a gift at Christmas to thank him for the good care he gives Abby year round. This year I am especially excited about his gift.
Bridle rosettes with his initials! The "T" was especially hard to find and only just popped up on eBay last week. They're different sizes, but I think he will still like them.

I love vintage bridle rosettes and have a small collection of them.
These circus horse rosettes  are so unusual and, I think, quite old (pre 1900s is my guess.) They are my favorites.
I also have a pair of Ringling Brothers/Barnum & Bailey bridle rosettes. 
This pair from the Monon Railroad is in my collection for sentimental reasons.
One of O'Boy's bridle rosettes remains on his old bridle.
The letter seems to be of the same style as the "T" I just bought for Tim. I'll have to get this one out and measure it and see if the are the same size.

We got about three inches of snow last night with more snow and ice expected tonight. I am planning to run out to the barn in a few hours after the snowplows have come through and leave the gift on Tim's desk in the new barn office.

I think they will be a nice surprise for him and will probably see them strung up on a leather strap or an old bridle and hung in the lounge with his other antique tack items.




No comments:

Post a Comment