Thursday, December 26, 2019

Christmas Candy - Breyer's Christmas Web Special

There were some horses under the tree for me Christmas Day, but I forgot to get the photos off of Lisa's phone before she went home, so I'll post them when I get them.

In the meantime, I had set an alarm for 11:00 AM to remind me to check Breyer's web site for its Christmas web special. When it rang, I logged into my Collectors Club account and up popped Christmas Candy!
Photo credit to Breyer.

Some people had predicted that we might get a candy striped Zebra, and they were right. At $135 the cost was a little pricey, but I really liked it and so I bought one. Colors are shipped randomly, so with 500 of each color I should be able to buy others second hand. 

There are only twelve of "licorice coal," the black Zebra, and while I think that that is a clever idea and lots of fun for collectors, I honestly hope I don't get that piece because I love the striped colors. My preference is for red, green, gold, and blue in that order, but I will be happy with whatever arrives in my mailbox.

I checked social media late last night and I was surprised that there seemed to be a lot of folks who didn't like it and had chosen to not order one. Some mentioned cost, while others simply said they did not care for the mold that had been chosen.  

With a horse whose favorite treat is candy canes, and grandchildren who save their own candy canes from Santa to give to her, how could I pass up Christmas Candy?



1 comment:

  1. I like how you think. My favs in order would be red, gold, blue and green. But the black could be cleverly copied.

    ReplyDelete