Tuesday, December 3, 2019

The Ol' Spray Paint Trick

You've heard about the proverbial green thumb, but have you ever heard of green fingers? 
In my blog post about horsey holiday decor, I included a photo of the horse head wreath that I'd purchased last year. The greenery had been freshly cut then and, aside from the placement of the sleigh bell for the eye, I'd really liked it and had hoped it would be usable for another Christmas.
It was no surprise, though, to open its storage box and discover that the greenery had dried and faded to yellows and browns.
Taking a hint from a past Christmas when we'd discovered that our Christmas tree had been spray painted, I decided to see if I could try the same trick and make my wreath presentable again.
I placed the wreath into a low sided shipping box from Amazon, went out into the garage, and got to work, carefully spraying around the red berries, sleigh bell, and yarn bridle.
 It worked! Aside from a few berries that are now green (I'll replace those), the wreath looks nice and quite festive once again.
My fingers are looking a little festive, too, but I am working on that!




No comments:

Post a Comment