Three of those photos became my Christmas presents from her.
Sarah said that these two Mustangs reminded her of the stories I would tell her of Amy and Cee, and how they would stand and scratch each other's backs just like this. I love the personal horse connection that she tied into this photo. The stallion photo is in black and white. Sarah said that the black and white brought out his details better than they when they were in color. I think the barn wood frames were a great choice, too.
These Mustangs are some of the Pryor Mountain herd, the same ones that produced Cloud and all his get. Sarah spent seven hours out in the field to get these photographs for me.
I am trying to identify which horses she photographed.
Here is the stallion in color. I've gone online and looked at photos of herd members to see who he is. Ireal, Pax, Garay, or Miocene are possibilities.This yearling is Titania. Her dam is Morgana and her brother is Sorcerer. I don't know who her sire is but I am trying to find out. (I have a message out to the Wild Mustang Center in Lovell.)
I'd told her that I would love to have one of her photographs to hang in my home some day, but I never dreamed that she would travel to Wyoming and track down Mustangs to do so! But I sure am thankful that she did - I can't wait to hang these.
Beautiful photos, and I agree, those frames are great! It’s so neat you actually identified some.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely present! Your daughter is very talented.
ReplyDelete