Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Circus Time: A New Freeman Leidy

A huge box arrived from Fed Ex arrived the other day. Inside was my newest Freeman Leidy.


Nash, who was visiting, helped me open the box. (He is the nosiest dog I have ever known!) The packing job was superb which is a good thing - Freeman Leidys are so fragile.

There were several layers of bubble wrap around the piece. As I removed them, the pony began to slowly emerge. 

It is my sixth Freeman Leidy but only my second head down version.


Like my other head down pony, it is the purple mane with green ribbons version.

I don't mind that it is a duplicate - no doubt that when I pull out my other head down pony, there will be a lot of variations between them.


Those eyes! One of my favorite things about Freeman Leidys. 

It is old and thus has a lot of crazing. There is a barely seen flake on its muzzle, but otherwise it has no chips or breaks.


The CO on the belly stands for "Ceramic Originals."
 

After I got it all unwrapped and had checked it over to be sure it had not been damaged during shipping, I decided to get out its "twin" and compare the two.  I'll write about them next.

Prepare to be amazed!




1 comment: