Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Collection Cleaning and Rearranging: Done at Last!

Sometimes you need a little help to finish a job, and I had to have help to clean the last part of my collection. I simply could not reach the models that were on the top shelves. I'd tried using a Swiffer Duster with an extendable arm, but decided that I wanted to thoroughly clean everything, not just lightly brush them.


It had been hard to get them up there two years ago when I replaced my shelves, but since I lost a couple of discs during my spinal fusion this spring, I am just enough shorter that I can't reach them anymore. 


My balance isn't very good, either, so standing on a step stool wasn't an option. 


Teacher Daughter Lisa came over to give me a hand. 


Not only is Lisa an experienced tadpole wrangler, she's an experienced model horse wrangler, too!


Some of the models in my collection are actually hers and she attended many model horse shows with me when she was younger. (I keep her old tags on the models because I am very sentimental.)


Thanks to her, I am finally finished with the dusting and rearranging!


Things look much better and I now have open shelf space for my BreyerFest purchases and other models I'll be buying.

Well, actually, I still need to get to those pesky Hartland shelves. And I just realized that I will need Lisa's help with the Hartlands on the top shelf.

So maybe I am not truly done, but I am calling it good and I will have her help me the next time she pops over.





1 comment:

  1. "Pesky" and "shelf space" do NOT go together. You are so fortunate to have shelf space!

    ReplyDelete