Monday, June 7, 2021

Collection Cleaning and Rearranging: The White Box

Reorganizing your collection means you need boxes or tubs for storing items you are putting away for a while. I knew I had some empty tubs stashed in my hobby closet so I opened the closet doors and began looking for them.

Naturally, they were in the furthest back corner of the closet. As I pulled out tubs and boxes to get to them, I came across a white box. It had several labels on it - Dining Room Horses, Mini Hagen Renakers, Some Large HRs, and Star Wars Books, to name a few. 

Curious, I opened it to see what was really in there.


 (I took photos for file purposes, so they are not the best. But since I found some fun things, I decided to blog about the contents of the white box.)


A trio of Japan sheep.


Some old San Dimas HR unicorns.


They were still on their cards, with one dated 1989


and the other 1995.


A broken carousel horse bell and a Stablemate with wagon and accessories.

How I wish I had left it in its original box - the harness was a mess.


A Sandicast resin Springer puppy, and two more Hagen Renakers on cards.


MORE unicorns and an old Japan cat that had belonged to my mother.


An unusual, unmarked china foal and a Wade zebra.


A recent HR Disney terrier.


Two Springer Spaniels, one on a 1986 card with brown eye whites, the other on an undated card with white ones.


My first HR dog (the Bloodhound) that I found in the 1990s at an antique shop and a Black Lab.


A recent Disney dog.


A glazed foal with the word "foreign" carved in its off hind leg. (Go here to read more about this piece.)
 
 
A very early HR wolf - I bought it a month or so after it was introduced in 1991. Love those yellow eyes!


There was plenty of room left in the box, and since I was also rearranging my china cabinets as well as my plastics, I tucked some chinas into the box for storage, too.


I'd rather they were out and on display, but it has gotten to the point where it's either box some of them up, 


or purchase another china cabinet. I just don't want to do that.


Funny how rearranging the shelves leads to all kinds of sorting, cleaning, and organizing! But I enjoy digging through my boxes and switching things up, so it's not a problem.

And, there were actually a couple of surprises in that white box, things I'd forgotten I had and was thrilled to find. More on those coming up.

Stay 'tooned!




2 comments:

  1. Is the black Disney terrier from... Lady & The Tramp? The Bloodhound probably is... I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think those Disney dogs are Jock and Lafayette from 101 Dalmations.

    Maybe?

    ReplyDelete