Wednesday was Breyer's annual Collectors Club Appreciation sale - a time when collectors can receive a gambler's choice special run model for free if they purchase a certain amount of product. This year the special models were the 70th Anniversary pieces - in gloss!
Taking some advice I saw on social media, I logged into Breyer about a half hour before the sale began, made my selections, and put them into my cart. (To get one of the glossed models for free, you had to purchase $150 of regular run products.)
I finished up with a few minutes to spare and settled onto the couch to wait.
Easy peasy, right? Except... it wasn't.
It is not unusual for Breyer's site to be swamped by collectors at these sort of online events. The site slows down or things don't go through. After several more tries, I emptied my cart and started over.
And thus began a very frustrating cycle.
Was the site overloaded or were certain items not included in Breyer's sale despite being on their web site? I don't know, but I'm happy with what I bought.
And now I wait for my order to arrive to find out which glossy model I got. My preference would be the Indian Pony, but I'd be happy with the Fighting Stallion, Andalusian, or Saddlebred. The one I don't want is the pinto Smarty Jones - the rarer chase piece. I figure it is unlikely that I get the rarest piece, but if I do, I will trade or sell it.
Stay 'tooned!
Christmas Card of the Day
I had the same issue! It was also resolved by ordering later in the day.
ReplyDeleteLove those reindeer too!! Thanks for pointing out these horses were glossed -- I had somehow missed that.
ReplyDeleteI wonder if holiday was the problem? I had to pull out some limited editions and holiday stuff to get the code to work, but I did manage to get one. Hoping for Hamilton since I don't have him. I got the IP in random draw matte version and suddenly I have a small conga with Sayen!
ReplyDeleteI also ordered from the sale (why??? I am not an OF collector) and got the same error message. I feel like I stopped getting it when I didn't have anything in the cart that was on sale. Or maybe just when I didn't have leftover Breyerfest stuff (I had the umbrella in there at one point)
ReplyDelete