Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Horses (and Noise) in the Basement

Any time our family gathers in Indiana, we spread ourselves across three homes - Lisa and Curt both live in town and offer their extra bedrooms and space so that no one needs to pay for a motel. 

Curt and Vanessa have a big advantage over Lisa's home and ours - a basement that is set up for kids to play. We were over the day after Thanksgiving with the adults upstairs talking, watching football, and playing board games, while the Pony Pals were in the basement. 

They were making quite a ruckus so I went downstairs to investigate. I had to smile - the first toy I encountered was one of Mila's carpet herd ponies!

What I hadn't realized was that Curt and Vanessa had put a bounce house in their basement!


And the kids had programmed the keyboard to play music while they bounced. Between the music, the kids' screams as they bounced, and the motor keeping the bounce house inflated, it was VERY LOUD down there. 

I'd expected the floor to be littered with toys, but it was surprisingly picked up.


There was a pile of My Little Ponies on the seat to the keyboard,


and another of Mila's carpet herd on a table.


Susie was splitting her time between the bounce house, Mila's kitchen set, and the rocking horse we'd gotten Lukie for Christmas a few years ago.


Since the ruckus was a happy one and everyone was getting along well, I went back upstairs to rejoin the adults.



Today's Christmas card.

Email your name and address to me at horsiemama8@gmail.com if you'd like to receive a horsey Christmas card from me!


No comments:

Post a Comment