Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Here it Comes

We are under a Winter Storm Warning from tonight through Friday morning. Our local weather forecaster is very conservative in his forecasts; if he says it's going to be rough, you know it will be. And he and the National Weather Service are speaking of the snowfall in terms of feet, not inches.

It  begins with rain this afternoon which will turn to freezing rain and sleet after midnight. 


We are ready as we can be for a storm like this. The water heater in the trough is doing its job.


The horses have easy access to shelter when they want it.


And we have a good supply of hay (the round bales you can see stretching just in front of the tree line way in the back.)

The horses have thick winter coats. (Although we don't blanket them, we do have an assortment of blankets in the new barn should one of them need one.)


Kelsey's horse, Dolly, trying to convince me that she NEEDS those carrots I have in my pocket.


After the snowfall is over Friday morning, temperatures will plummet. 

Temperatures, not wind chills but actual temperatures, are supposed to be WAY below zero. At this point I doubt I'll be able to get out to see Abby for several days, maybe even more.  


There is a sense of peace and serenity during these quiet winter visits that I really enjoy. 


The calm before the storm, so to speak.


We are as ready as we can be. And now we wait.




1 comment:

  1. Here in Madison it will all miss us and I am a little sad about that. Think of all the sewing you can get done tho!

    ReplyDelete