Wednesday, July 6, 2022

More Music and Horses

Recently I wrote about the Under the Sea fabric and how it reminded me of one of my favorite pieces of music, Camille Saint-Saens' Carnivale of the Animals


That fabric came in another color/interpretation of horses, and like Under the Sea, Steppe Horses brought to mind a piece of music as well - Beethoven's 7th Symphony - Second Movement

Now, to be honest, I am not a Beethoven fan. (Bach, yes! Beethoven, not so much.) But this part of Beethoven's 7th is my favorite work of all that he composed.

Now, to be honest again, I only like bits and pieces of it. There is a recurring theme, sometimes prominent, other times underlying, in this symphony that moves me to tears. And if this whole movement from the 7th symphony were just that theme, I'd be happy and listen to it more. But I find the other bits and pieces distracting.

So, if you want to listen to the theme that not only moves me but makes me think of horses such as the Steppe Horses, here is a link from YouTube.

I suggest you listen to 0:00 - 2:40 and 5:18 - 5:40


It starts slow and quiet, but boy howdy, does it build.

Enjoy!



4 comments:

  1. That movement appears in the movie The King's Speech during the climactic speech and wow is it ever effective. I cannot help but cry every time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's also in the movie "Mr. Holland's Opus" when he explains that Beethoven had gone deaf yet continued to write.

      Delete
  2. That fabric is really pretty! I like the blue but I like this one better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I go back and forth, but I lean toward the blue. :)

      Delete