Friday, July 1, 2022

Show Drapes

For the first FAMulous Collectibility Show, Allison created a photo booth for folks who wanted to take pictures of their wins. (Or, just take a photo of a model with Action Stan!)

This year we will be upgrading to having show drapes. 

And not just ordinary show drapes, but drapes made from custom fabric with the show logo on it!

The frame came from my friend Cristine Holt and originally had blue satin drapes.


I almost always make a prototype out of scrap fabric when sewing something new. This is to ensure fit and tweak size if needed. The first set of drapes turned out well - the only adjustment I made on the actual drapes was to shorten the width so the gathers on the pole were not bunched so tightly.


I was really happy with the second iteration.


Allison is going to add some flowers, our miniature FAMulous trophy and FAMulous bag, and, of course, Action Stan.

In the meantime, I added division champ and reserve ribbons for fun and found I liked our show drapes so much, I'm leaving them up on display in my sewing room for a few days!

 I don't think I've posted a link to the show's web site. Here you go: The FAMulous Collectibility Show. We are almost full, but we do have a couple of open spots.

Come join us!




No comments:

Post a Comment