Monday, July 18, 2022

BreyerFest Week: Liz and Live Streaming Thoughts

The live feed was virtual BreyerFestees' link to what was going on at the horse park throughout the weekend. Kimber Goodwin anchors the live feed and does a good job sharing the activities and such for those of us at home.

Saturday Liz texted me and told me that Kimber had interviewed her for Breyer's live feed. I tuned in and was able to catch the interview.


Kimber does well, but when she first began in 2020, she was new to model horses (although she was not new to horses.) That's improved with time, but I wish Breyer would use Liz for the live feed, too. 


Liz is a broadcast journalist and has anchored television news in the Chicago area, does voice work for commercials in radio and television, and is a spokeswoman for the Federal Aviation Administration. (Google Liz Cory, FAA and watch what pops up.)


You can get an idea of her "broadcast voice" from this video of her offering encouragement to newly diagnosed ovarian cancer patients. 

Combine Liz's journalistic chops with her vast knowledge of model (and live) horses, and I think she'd be an excellent co-host with Kimber.

I may say something to Liz and see if she'd mind if I spoke to someone at Breyer and suggested adding her to the BreyerFest team. I would not do that without her consent - after all, she may enjoy the freedom of simply enjoying BreyerFest as opposed to working and having to be on camera much of the event.

But if she is agreeable, I am going to do it.

Stay 'tooned.




 

1 comment:

  1. What an idea. This just shows the truth of It matters who you know! I've always learned new stuff (had my brain stretched is more like it) at BFest and this year is no exception.

    ReplyDelete