Thursday, October 20, 2022

Woodstock - She's a Puzzle

Woodstock has arrived and there is a lot to talk about because there are several odd things to note about her.


She is beautiful. The Indian Pony is one of my favorite molds of all.


Breyer replicated a chalky look in her white markings


and added four pairs of feathers to her mane and tail.


Regardless of which side you are looking at, 


you will see two of those pairs of feathers.


Woodstock arrived in the usual Breyer shipping box 


but she was inside a replica of the old Indian Pony boxes from the 1970s.

That's when I began feeling puzzled. Normally, web specials and Collectors Club special runs don't have a special type of box. But, Vintage Club offerings do.


Neither do the web specials and SRs include the quarterly information sheet that comes with all four of the Vintage Club models every year.


And this one has my Vintage Club number on it. A quick check of Woodstock's belly showed that she had the 2022 Vintage Club belly stamp, too. Hmmmmm.

Woodstock's Stablemate mini me was wrapped and tucked between her legs. (She's a whole blog post in and of herself.) 

With all those clues piling up, I had to conclude that Woodstock was originally intended to be the fourth Vintage Club offering.

So what happened? And how will Breyer straighten out some of the problems that issuing her as a SR will (and already have) cause?

I will go more in-depth into that in the next couple of blog entries as well as take a look at the mini me - she's got something interesting going on, too.

Stay 'tooned!




3 comments:

  1. Woodstock & Mini is a VC release, is it not? The optional one for 2022? At least, that's what I've been seeing since I first saw the pair at BreyerFest. Additionally, I'm a CC member but not a VC member & received no emails or anything promoting Woodstock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is a VC release and is optional. But there are a few things I am going to explore that make me think it was supposed to be a regular VC release and not an optional one. Stay 'tooned! :)

      Delete
    2. Aha, I shall stay tuned in!

      Delete