Friday, October 21, 2022

Woodstock's Mini Me

I'm really not a Stablemate collector, but when Breyer began shrinking some of their vintage molds down to 1:32 scale, I added a few of those to my collection.


To have the Indian Pony as Woodstock's mini me counterpart makes me really happy.


Mini Me only has two pairs of feathers - in her mane 


and on either side of her neck.


(Sorry for the picture quality - she is very small and the light was not good when I was photographing her.)

But there was something else that puzzled me. Mini Me did not feel the same as the other two SM Indian Ponies that were in my collection. She felt thicker and heavier - even the feel of her plastic felt different from theirs. 


I pulled them out and popped them onto my postage scale.


The other two SM Indian Ponies weighed in at an ounce each. 


Mini Me was a bit more portly at 1.3 ounces.

So, clearly a different (and heavier) plastic was used to produce her.


I will be going into more detail as to why I think Woodstock and Mini Me were supposed to be the last offering in the 2022 Vintage Club instead of a Vintage Club Special Run but that blog entry will have to wait a few days as I have the Great Lakes Congress show this weekend.

Stay 'tooned!


No comments:

Post a Comment