Originally I was on the fence as to whether or not Woodstock was truly intended to be a SR or if she was the fourth offering of the club that was subbed in due to supply chain issues. Doing some research has helped me come to a conclusion.
We have not yet had that Gambler's Choice yet this year. And that leads me to conclude that yes, Woodstock was intended to be a Special Run. The delayed piece has to be the Gambler's Choice. (And judging from the pattern I see in my notes, it will not be a decorator this year.)
There are still things that puzzle me, though.
Woodstock is double boxed not only with the Stablemate but with with a Vintage Club information sheet that is numbered with club members' individual numbers. Breyer is going to have to open both boxes and remove those in order to sell the model to someone else. (Woodstock is an optional offering.)
That's a lot of time and effort for Breyer to go through UNLESS those two boxes were left open and, as orders came in, Breyer added the member's certificate and then sealed both boxes and slapped on a shipping label. (My guess is that is the case.)
I'm still puzzled about the Mini Me. Since Woodstock is an optional purchase, there must be another Stablemate for Vintage Club members. And if that's the case, I am hoping the it is another vintage mold that Breyer has shrunk down to Stablemate size.
I guess we Vintage Club members will just have to stay 'tooned on that one!





I agree with you that there must still be a separate VC bonus Stablemate coming. That would be a lot of work to liberate this little one to distribute. Bummer how the import issues are messing with Breyer's schedules.!
ReplyDeleteI can find a link, but I'm pretty sure Breyer said this year's VC bonus Stablemate is a mini Dandy on the shrunken Clydesdale.
ReplyDelete*Can't* find the link, thanks autocorrect!
ReplyDeleteNancy, now that you mention it, I'm thinking I remember something about Dandy, too.
ReplyDelete