The Kalamazoo Living History Event is next weekend, and I am in the final throes of preparation. Lisa and I went up to Leslie's farm yesterday to try on hats and riding habits to wear at the event.
No, I'm not going as the Mad Hatter - this is a 19th century women's hat that goes with one of Leslie's more unusual habits.
Eddie took refuge behind my chair the rest of the time that that hat (which was actually quite elegant) was in view.
My favorite was the 19th century Mad Hatter hat, but I don't have a 19th century riding habit. Yet...
If you happen to be in Kalamazoo next weekend and stop by the event, come see me! Look for Jolis Chevaux - I will be right next to Chien Noir, Leslie and Rick's company that sells hand block printed fabrics.
I've packed a few give-aways for readers who stop by!

I always love looking at Leslie's assortment of amazing riding habits but poor Eddie! I can see why he thought the tall hat was scary.
ReplyDeleteI do think the Mad Hatter hat was pretty awesome!
Aww poor Lancier. That top hat is lovely, do you know who made it? I have a friend who makes replica hats, at least she used to, not sure if she is still doing it.
ReplyDeleteWould that I could! Love the blue and gold and silk.
ReplyDelete