Getting hacked stinks. My emotions have been running the gamut from dismay to frustration to anger. I've lost a lot of things that I can only hope to to recover. I can't find my pictures on my computer nor can I add them to a blog story until they are. The hackers even described themselves as though they were ME to friends concerned that I might be hacked by reassuring my friends that yes, they were me, and yes, "my" account was secure because they were wise and took precautions to protect it, and that "I" did send those emails asking for money so could you help me by sending some?
This is all that is left on my desktop - a photo Abby. All my files are missing, photos, things I was writing... Gone. It's like it was swept clean.
I mention on the blog that I go to Indy frequently but I don't talk about what I do there - I am in charge of a large group of volunteers who work every week - I make out their service schedules, find subs if they are ill or cannot come, orient and help train the volunteers, and then shut things down and help close up when our volunteer shift finishes.
I can still make the schedule for this week, but I have no contact info for any of the volunteers so I cannot send it. That contact info was wiped right off my computer and out of my files. How on earth will I let them know when they are scheduled to volunteer this week? Many of them drive a long way to serve (one comes all the way from Michigan!) and I would feel awful if they drove all the way to Indy only to turn around and go home.
Local Son Curt may be able to clear some time and come help me. If not, I'm going to have to pay a professional to come help me find my things and recover them.
What a mess.

Sending a prayer to the gods of computer recovery...
ReplyDeleteI hope a professional is able to help.
Oh, no,no,no. I am so, so sorry for you Lynn. That really has to suck.☹️I hope you can get your files and pictures back. Maybe ask the volunteers here if they will send the info again? AC
ReplyDeleteOh no! I’m so sorry this happened! Can you restore a backup of your files? I sincerely hope none of your close friends or family got swindled by those stinkin’ hackers.
ReplyDelete