Sunday, March 24, 2024

Creating (with a Little Help from my Friends)

Spring means that live show season is in full swing, and I am working on a project that a friend requested. A modification of something I add to every haversack order I send out, one of my customers asked if I would make some of them for her upcoming live show.

I had a little help from my doggo friends. Pepper dragged a toy under the craft table and plopped down on my feet.


Tammo and Nash decided to check out what Pepper and I were doing.

And when I opened a sleeve of Ritz crackers to nibble on, Mama joined us as well. (Labs can hear the sound of food from miles away!)

Using remnants from the green 18th century cloak I'd made, I cut and sewed tiny haversacks. 

Then, with some horse buttons, charms, 


and a glue gun,


I decorated the flap closures.


After letting the glue cool and harden for a few hours, I closed the flaps to look at the final product.


I am so happy with how those mini haversacks turned out, I may make one for myself!

Not having learned my lesson with the Ritz crackers, I sat down in my reading chair with my Kindle and a bowl of Skinny Pop to take a break.


Their hearing is so good!

After working mostly on 18th century items for so long, it was really nice to switch gears after Kalamazoo and work on some horsey items.

Update: If you won a maple cake in the March give away, those are ready to go and will be mailed out Monday. Same with those who guessed that the feather beads in my 18th century jewelry were the real deal and made in the 1700s. 



3 comments:

  1. Phenomenally cute horse buttons! What a charming idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, those little haversacks press all my buttons! Green! and a little buckskin dala horse! Gah!

    Nobody in your family goes for small dogs, do they? Such a lovely pack of labradogs.
    Betsy in WI

    ReplyDelete