The Great Lakes Congress Show does not disappoint. It is well run by the GLC leaders and it attracts a group of entrants who are friendly and fun. I love to head up to Huntley, Illinois for those shows; they are so worth the 4.5 hour drive!
Photo by Liz Cory.
I took ten models to show and came home with four NAN cards so I was pleased with how my tiny show string did.
Originally my sister Leslie was planning to come with me but she was asked by the Tippecanoe County Historical Association to participate in a special event that same day honoring those who had made an impact in our community. Our mother was chosen to be included and Leslie was asked to sit at her gravesite during a cemetery tour and speak about her contributions.
I haven't had a chance to talk to Les about it yet aside from a brief text saying it had gone well and to look at this photo that she sent me.
More to come - I'm tired and I'm heading off to church and then coming home to sleep some more. I'll unpack the models later this afternoon and then Teacher Daughter Lisa is coming over for dinner and to play board and card games this evening. She just started Fall Break and doesn't have to get up in the morning and go to work so we will probably go late into the night!
Stay 'tooned!
No comments:
Post a Comment