Tuesday, October 29, 2024

Thanks, Facebook

 Second Post of the Day

The title of this post can be taken sincerely, or it can be taken sarcastically - both express my feelings when Facebook popped up this memory from my past posts without my requesting it. 




It still hurts a lot to think about Abby, so a part of me was not happy when this memory came through my feed. And yes, I cried.

On the other hand I don't remember this photo of her at all, and it's actually quite a nice one.

Such a pretty face and those "Egyptian eyes" that she had were so distinctive!

So yeah. Thanks, Facebook.
 



2 comments:

  1. My yearling has eyes like that. They see into your soul..

    ReplyDelete
  2. My own Abbie died in 2010, which was still early days for me withFacebook. She wasn't posted there a lot, and - aside from death posts - I am absolutely delighted when she turns up in my memories. It almost feels like she's visiting me.

    But, yeah, that's fourteen years on. Like everything else, it takes time.

    ReplyDelete