Tuesday, February 11, 2025

Just Brilliant!

It's been fun to see the answers to the HMHSB coming in! Don't forget, you have until noon today (Eastern time) to send them to me at horsiemama8@gmail.com!

-------

Look what finally arrived! A month after ordering and after two emails and a phone call to find out where my order was. 


My concern was caused because the order was marked "fulfilled" and then just sat in my account. There was no email that it was on the way, no tracking number, nothing. Total silence from Breyer's shipping department.

I knew that that department was problematic, but after ten days of the fulfillment notice, I emailed Breyer and asked them to check. I never received an answer but a few days later I did receive Breyer's usual shipping notice email saying the set had shipped and to check tracking.

Except, there was no tracking, either in the email notice or when I checked my order on Breyer's web site. 



After another ten days of daily checking for a tracking number somewhere, ANYWHERE, I emailed Breyer again and asked them to check my order and to please send me tracking.

No response again. And no Brilliance order received.

Soon my Vintage Club Inferno joined the wait (ten days post ordering) as did Prague. I wasn't quite as concerned about them, but when I finally decided to call Breyer about the Brilliance set, I asked that their statuses be checked, too. No one answered the phone so I left a message, resigning myself to a continued wait.

A few hours later, I got a shipping notice for Inferno. That was good news, but I heard nothing on the Stablemates. (Or Prague.)

Late last night we heard a knock at our door. A box from Reeves was sitting on my porch. Surprise! My Brilliance set had finally arrived.


Color and Clarity (the names are the 4 C's of diamond grading)


in electric blue and holographic sparkle,


and Carat and Cut


in silver pinto and gold charm.


To acknowledge that these Stablemates celebrate Breyer's 75th anniversary, the number 75 is formed by the pinto markings on Cut.

I'm glad they are here at last. And sadly (but honestly) I wasn't surprised that I had had trouble with the shipping. It's happened to me before and it has been happening a lot to other folks who have ordered directly from Breyer. 

I am sure Breyer is aware that the shipping department has some major issues and my guess is that 1) they are trying to resolve them, and 2) they have a contract in place with the company that ships and can't just cut ties and move to a more reliable company. Let's hope they get things straightened out soon.

Now, let me see... At last count I had 109 Stablemates. This brings me to 113. I do collect Stablemates!

(But still not unicorns. And that is not going to change.)





3 comments:

  1. Thnak you for a) solving the mystery of that Gold Django (he wasn't on IDYB when I looked) and b) reminding me many folk were having trouble with Breyer's shipping. And c) for giving me a close look at these cuties. Congratulations! and hang in there, good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm--for the 1st time in a long time, I, too, am beginning to have issues with Breyer fulfilling an order in a timely fashion!!
    While mine didn't take as long to fulfill as yours has, I also had ordered the SM Brillance Set(along with the Deluxe Set and Radiance) on Fri. Jan 31st.
    Usually when I order, I get my order 3-4 days later--but this time, the order sat unfulfilled because it stated that the Brillance Set had sold out--even though it was "in stock" when I had ordered on the 31st!!
    I was--a 1st!) willing to wait as I had heard that Breyer had been having computer issues and it had been on our local news that the P.O./UPS was also experiencing delays in their shipping!! What the heck is going on??!!
    Well, Saturday night, my neighbor was suddenly knocking on my door with a Breyer box in hand! I was beyond surprised as I usually get an email notification that the package was on the way!(Even bigger surprise when I checked my laptop, the notification was issued the same day as delivery-a 1st!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the electric blue mini Othello the best of the set!
    I'm sorry--despite of what everyone says, I just don't see the "75" on the Darwin! (Maybe it's my eyesight, but he doesn't even look like a pinto either!)
    The way you have the Darwin, yes--I can make out the "5"--but the other does not look like the number "7"! Sorry!!
    They are beautiful, tho!! Hope Breyer gets itself together and your Inferno and Prague show up soon!

    ReplyDelete