Monday, February 10, 2025

The Isenbarger Super Bowl Gathering

Second Post of the Day

Two things: 

~ If you are playing the HMHSB game, please get your score sheets to me by noon Eastern tomorrow (Tuesday.) Send them to horsiemama8@gmail.com

~ For those interested (like me), Maddox is still available as of this writing.

-----

Yesterday afternoon we loaded the dogs into the car and headed over to Curt and Vanessa's for our annual Super Bowl gathering.


Vanessa had decorated for the occasion! (That tall boy eating a cucumber isn't Ian; it's Lukie!)


She got the decorations at a dollar store - worth a look the next time I want to decorate for something!

I was pleased to see the tray I had given Curt was out and to be in use.


Craig's parents were huge football fans and had a tray like this. My kids have fond memories of it and all had hoped to inherit it. So, when I found a stack of these at Hobby Lobby several years ago, I bought six and made sure each of my kids got one.


Curt does most of the cooking for their family and he had quite a spread out laid out for us.


Two kinds of cheesy dip for our chips and then (not pictured) make your own coney dogs (heavy on the cheese!) plus trays of fruit and veggies.


I'd meant to make this dessert at Christmas but hadn't, so I made a big pan and took it with us. Lukie liked it so much, he asked me to leave the pan there so he could finish them off later.


Vanessa makes a brownie football every year - a highly popular tradition with the entire family.


We noshed the entire game - dinner first, then snacks, and finally, desserts.


Gus and Tammo cuddling up with Mila as she watches from the comfort of the blankets and pillow that she brought downstairs for our watch party.


Pepper using Molly's backside as a pillow. (It is a rather substantial pillow, isn't it?! LOL)


Later they lay head to head together as they snoozed. (They are both wearing their Valentine collars.)


Pepper getting some pets from Mila, Nashie simultaneously getting his back scratched, while Gus and Mama snooze. (How could those dogs sleep with all the noise the humans were making??)


Tammo wandered over to Lisa for some attention. (And probably looking for a handout, too.)

As usual, Curt had a Prop Bet Tourney. (I still am not clear on what that is.) We all answered the questions before the game and then scored our answers during it. (Well, we all tried to but we got too involved in watching that we didn't record them all.)


I just added up what I know I got right and I have 117 points. Better than I thought. I was especially happy to be right on my two favorite questions - the Doritos bag color (red) and whether or not an octopus is scored (no). And I did come within one point of total points scored and received 20 points for that.


Curt will send prizes to the top three scorers - I doubt I am one of them but still, I can't wait to hear who this year's winners are.

Speaking of winners, the HMHSB II scoresheet has been posted. Be sure to send me your score!  



No comments:

Post a Comment