First Post of the Day
Just before Kalamazoo, reports of a rooster running around the neighborhood began popping up on our neighborhood Facebook page. I was skeptical until I began hearing it crow (and crow and crow and CROW) when I was out with the dogs.
At 5:00 AM.
Morning after morning.
It was "living" far enough from our home that we couldn't hear it inside the house, but other neighbors were not so lucky and complaints began flooding the HOA and the West Lafayette police department.
The HOA confirmed that we had a wandering rooster and the police officer who checked it out couldn't catch it and claimed it was a pheasant, not a rooster, and therefore an indigenous bird.
Wrong on both counts. That is a rooster and pheasants are not an indigenous bird.
The bird moved around, "sharing" his early morning crowing with more and more of us. The complaints continued and Animal Control tried again.
Yesterday, the West Lafayette Police posted this on their own Facebook page.
I had to laugh at their tongue in cheek humor. The rooster is at the humane society and will be rehomed to a farm out in the country.
Sure hope it's a place where he can "strut without a permit" and there are no alarm clocks to violate.
Another post is coming today. Stay 'tooned!
Bobbie Coulter should see this! (formerly Bobbie Allen)
ReplyDelete