Sunday, April 12, 2026

Celebrating My Millionth

Second Post of the Day

Look what happened!


I hit a million reads! 

It happened March 23, the day after I got home from Kalamazoo. At the time I had so much to write about, I simply snapped a screenshot and put it in my folder of future blog posts, intending to write about that milestone in a few days.

And then my sister had spinal surgery down in Indy, Mama became so ill, Kyle flew out for a visit, Easter came...  It just kept being pushed back for another time, day after day.

But now is the time and I've decided to celebrate with several options for readers to win, and with several winners to get their choices.

Choice One

While going through Leslie's incredible bead stash before Kalamazoo, I pulled out some things to give away. Like these earrings.


Leslie made them in the 1980s and sold them in her booth, Chien Noir, to reenactors who portrayed the French, indigenous peoples, traders, settlers and more.

As the years went on and more 18th century history came to light, it was found that these were not a true portrayal of what was worn at that time and Leslie stopped making them to sell.

The earring part is sterling silver and they have never been worn by anyone. Vintage new!


Choice Two

How about a couple of maple cakes?


I still have a few left from Kalamazoo. They are fresh and they are good - probably the best batch I've ever had. Winners may choose two as their prize.


Choice Three

A beeswax ornament. (Did you see that coming?)


There are a few molds that are sold out, but I will be making more in June for The Feast of the Hunters' Moon if you don't mind waiting for your choice.

The usual Give Away rules apply and I will spin to win this Thursday or Friday. To enter, comment on any/all blog posts beginning with today (April 12) and ending at 11:59 PM Eastern on Wednesday, April 15.

There will be at least three winners, and most likely more. 😍

Come celebrate this milestone with me!


6 comments:

  1. I saw your counter tick over shortly after it happened. Congrats! A lot of those views are mine <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on this milestone! I have learned, laughed, and loved while reading your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is part of my life, and I am very pleased to be (probably many of) your million readers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maple caaaaaaaaaaakes!!!

    Too bad you can’t figure out who was the millionth viewer and give them a prize. You can’t, can you? Anyway, thank you once again for your generosity. Can’t wait for the next million views! 💜

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats on the million !! Every time you post the maple cakes I so wonder how they taste, I dont suppose you have any pointers towards a recipe? I live in Europe so it would be quite difficult to get ahold of any otherwise

    ReplyDelete
  6. MMMMMMMaple Cakes! But then, several of those ornaments we adorable, too... tough choice. Congratulations on the milestone!

    ReplyDelete