Friday, April 10, 2026

This is Our Molly (Part 1)

Second Post of the Day

This post is full of pictures, all about Mama. I've sorted them into sections about her life and those whom she loved and who loved her. Dearly and deeply.

Enjoy the look back at a life well lived and a dog who overcame a terrible beginning in life to find, and give, love unmeasurable. 

This is our Molly.


Mama & Pepper


The "girl dogs" as we called them sharing a nap on Molly's mat by our kitchen table. When Molly was at her own home, Pepper used it solo, but it was put there originally for Mama. It is in a corner where she felt safe and Lisa would sit next to her during meals.


Molly's backside made a good pillow and Pep knew how to use it.


Comfort in just being together for a snooze.


Mama with Kids

When Mama came to live with us, she was Ian and Mila's first exposure to a dog. Mila was hesitant, but since Molly was pretty scared, too, Mila (with her caring nature) warmed up quickly.


They got out every toy in her toy basket and invited her to play. She was rather bewildered at all that doggy loot! Mama rarely played. Ever. We think it was because she was treated as simply a breeder and never had the chance to play until she was rescued and by then she didn't know what to do.


Face to face. She was staying put instead of running away so I knew she was liking their attention.


Several months later things had progressed to where Molly would let Mila cuddle up on her doggy bed with her.


Years later, the two were fast friends and still cuddling up together when they were together.

For the life of me, I cannot find the pics I KNOW I have of Molly with the other grands. I'll continue searching.


Mama & Craig

Petrified of men when she joined our family, that changed with time and Craig's gentleness.


She loved to go through the doggy drive thru and get scritches. 


She spent a lot of time in that doggy drive thru, and would sometimes fall asleep under Craig's ministrations.


Craig loved to cook the dogs scrambled eggs. Can you see who is supervising him in the kitchen? Molly was a Lab through and through!


She came to fully trust him, a far cry from the dog who would freeze with terror in her eyes and then run if he walked into the room she was in.


Mama with Nash

Lisa's first dog, Millie, made Molly feel secure and safe. And when Millie died, Lisa knew she needed another dog that would be Molly's companion and continue to make her feel safe.


Nash was the perfect choice. They bonded quickly and in a few hours were cuddled up on the carpet and napping together.


Using the "More, sir!" tactic together on Craig. (It almost always worked.)

"Auntie Nan" lives next door to us and loves to bring the dogs treats. Nash, Tammo, and Pepper are all in for her visits, but not Molly. It took her a long time to not be afraid of Auntie Nan.


When she finally, finally, FINALLY hesitantly crept close and took a treat out of Nan's hand (above), I thought Nan would cry. She was that excited.

Nan texted when she learned that Mama had passed, "I am so sorry, Lynn. I was thrilled that she let me give her treats. She was a special girl. I'm glad that she found the love that she deserved."


With Nash and Tammo (who sleeps over occasionally at Nash's "request") and hoping they can get their dinner early by asking nicely.


Enjoying a beautiful summer day together in their backyard.

I'm going to stop for now and will continue this post about Molly's life tomorrow.

Stay 'tooned.


No comments:

Post a Comment