First Post of the Day
Two weeks ago, Susie chose to be baptized. In our church, babies are given a blessing shortly after birth and then are invited to be baptized when they turn age 8.
I made Susie's baby blessing dress and Emily has laid it out on the table in the photo.
Getting the lace overlay JUST right on the hem and sleeves was a bit challenging, but I was pleased with how it turned out and happy that Emily was sharing it at Susie's baptism.
Susie's baptismal dress was lovely and you can tell from these pictures that she felt pretty in it.
She especially liked the pleated skirt and how it swirled when she twirled!
In just about every picture taken of her, she is holding that pleated skirt out.
I haven't said too much here, but there have been some new significant health challenges for both Craig and me and neither of us felt up to the drive down to Nashville. We were sad not to go, but Cole and his family were aware of the challenges and understood.
Thankfully, Lisa kept us supplied with pictures and we FaceTimed Susie later that day and had a lovely chat with her.
I'll share one of the recent health challenges that so recently popped up in the next post.
Stay 'tooned.
I do love a swirly dress like that! How wonderful that you made it for her. May you stay in touch with your family to the extent technology allows (remembering the old days!).
ReplyDelete