Getting new horses settled on shelves is fun. But sometimes you get one too many new pieces and then you end up having to rearrange several shelves to make room.
I hit that point with my BreyerFest and Second Chance Sale horses.
Oseberg, Aquavit, and my Scandi Surprise are currently grouped together next to my Semi Rearing Stallions.
I had a good coupon and decided to finally buy the 75th Anniversary Traditional Family.
The PAS, PAM, and PAF shelves are all full, so I simply grouped the family together next to Vintage Club Zahra.
What a gorgeous model - Breyer knocked it out of the park with him, and my piece is flawless.
I'm not super happy with the way I have rearranged the shelves to accommodate these new models. I like to group by mold, and I'd like to get the PAM and the PAF together with other PAMs and PAFs. (The PAS is actually right next to the PAS conga.)
And, the shelves are DUSTY. Since they are white, they don't show the dirt like darker colored shelves would, but it's there. A lot of it.
Which isn't surprising. The last time I cleaned, culled, and rearranged shelves was nearly three years ago in January of 2024. My shelves desperately need a good dusting.
That's gonna be a challenge. The earliest I will be able to do them is in January after the holidays. But, depending on how much I sell at the Feast in October, I may need that January time to sew items for Kalamazoo in March. Which is why I've gone so long between dusting - the best dusting months have become sewing months.
Another wrinkle is that I will need help with the top shelves. I've lost two inches in height over the past decade and I can no longer reach them.
But, long time blog readers may remember that the last time I cleaned my shelves, I also had a nasty fall as I was getting off the ladder.
But, needs must, as the saying goes, so I am going to have figure out a way to dust both the horses and their shelves. (And not have another fall.)
Wish me luck and stay 'tooned.
No comments:
Post a Comment