Second Post of the Day
Referring to Susie's cryptic tag from yesterday's blog post, several of you read the 3 as a backwards apostrophe and an S.
I think you are right. Susie's tag actually reads, "Susie's Fav Small." Makes sense - thanks, all!
Yesterday I decided that I would take a break from cutting out bedgowns and make some pin pillows using the camel/elephant fabric.
The cut out and stitched pillows, ready for stuffing.
Ever worked with wool roving? It is so soft to the touch. But it is deceptive - it compresses very well and so you use more than you think you might.
This is all I had left after stuffing just five 4 inch square pillows. (The fabric clips are holding the openings closed where I stuffed them.)
The finished pin pillows. I am really pleased with how they turned out.
That was a very relaxing two hours of cutting, stitching, stuffing, and hand finishing. And when I was done, I felt ready to begin tackling the bedgowns.
This is today's sewing project - an XL bedgown in a pretty pink block print.
On the left are the gussets (they add space to the underarm of the sleeves and allow better movement) and then the sleeve extensions. (These are added to the end of each sleeve, turned under, and then folded back into cuffs.)
If I can work without too many interruptions, I can get this bedgown done today.
Stay 'tooned!
No comments:
Post a Comment