Friday, September 18, 2026

Two for Two - the Good & the Not So Good

I made it through the sacroiliac injections yesterday. They were intense but over quickly. Even better, the nurse brought me those lovely warmed blankets while I was in the recovery room and proceeded to wrap me up herself. 

I'd been so focused on the injections that I hadn't really thought of Dryandra and if I'd won one until I was in recovery. I pulled up my email on my phone but there was no notice from Breyer. I checked again when I got home from the hospital and...

I'd been selected! I completed the order and wondered if the day could get any better.

Well, it didn't. I got hit by a scammer on my Jolis Chevaux Facebook site. I'd finished the pink bedgown and posted it


and almost immediately I got a message from someone wanting to buy it and asking me to send them my Venmo so they could pay.

She was in a terrible rush and kept pushing me to hurry (my first indication that things were off) and then her payment wouldn't go through. (My next indicator.) She asked me to call Venmo's customer service (whose number she conveniently had handy and sent me) because the problem just happened to be on my end not hers. (I didn't make that call because I was now pretty sure that this was a scam.)

Then I received an email claiming it was from Venmo. It said my account was too small to accept her money and I needed to immediately deposit $500 to fully expand my account into a business account. Then, that $500 plus the $75 she'd "paid but wouldn't go through" would be refunded to me.

Oh, heck no! 

I took screen shots of everything for documentation, blocked her, and then reported her to Facebook. I took down the photo of the bedgown and will start fresh and post it again later today.

Then we had a severe thunderstorm plow through last night. It was loud and we heard some banging outside, reminiscent of the storm we'd had in June when our patio furniture ended up overturned and scattered in the yard.

This morning I got a quick view of the damage.


My heavy tomato planter had been overturned and pushed out into the yard.


It was too dark to do a full inspection of the plants but there are a lot of ripening tomatoes on the vines.


I am hoping their branches are not broken and that they survive and continue to ripen. The planter is heavy; I'll need Craig's help to right it.

So, two good things and two not-so-good things in one day.

Today I have aquatic physical therapy, a dental appointment, and then am giving Kathy a ride home from her own physical therapy appointment. It's also West Side's Homecoming at the football game tonight and Craig is marching walking in the parade again this year.

Busy day, and, aside from maybe having a cavity, it should be a good one. Fingers crossed.

Stay 'tooned!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the scam details -- valuable info. I hope your tomatoes survive. They're hardy little plants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really unfortunate that there are so many scam artists ready and willing to take advantage of anyone they can. Way to be on your toes.

    ReplyDelete