I play Horses Across the USA, a game I made up where I look for horsey items along the roads and highways we travel. I don't mean pastures full of horses and barns, I mean signage, vehicles, etc. I snap a photo and count it as we drive past.
The last ten days Craig and I traveled through Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida in order to visit our children. As you might imagine, I did very well at Horses Across the USA.
The CHIN! While not outwardly horsey, how could I NOT snap a picture of BreyerFest's host hotel!
There are a surprising number of semi-trailers which have equine logos, like Black Horse Carriers, Inc.
I would love it if my home address included the word "horse." (Interesting combination with "stamp" and "church, though.")
Winnebago makes tiny trailers they call "Minnie Winnies."
I really wanted to stop by Horsetown on our way home from Florida, but it was a sixteen and a half hour drive and we just didn't have the time.Another semi - there are artists in our hobby who could come up with a MUCH better logo that that green Sc!!
Pelham is probably not really named after the bit, but it is still a horsey reference.
Another place I wish we had time to stop and visit!
Not the best photo as it was getting dark and a truck blocked my view of the sign until the very last minute. Kentucky is my favorite state to visit or travel through.Try playing Horses Across the USA the next time you are traveling. These are only a sample of what I saw - you'll be surprised at just how many equine references you find!









This is charming and beats the alphabet game! Good idea... However, I have progressed to specialty license plates. At least 3 states have equine ones and KY has 3...
ReplyDelete