Tim and his wife, Loni, are some of our dearest friends.
Tim helps my granddaughter, Addie, saddle up Diablo for a ride.
A horseman from Canada, Tim manages his horses and property very well and gives the herd excellent care, day after day.
But horses being horses, Tim currently looks a lot like the cowboy he was carving a few weeks ago.
Since Craig and I were heading out of town for ten days, I sent Tim a text to let him know that I would not be out at the barn for a period of time. As always, my message was tongue in cheek about Abby's "needs." The response I received back was unexpected.
I got that text and immediately texted back, asking for more information.
What is cut off in the text is that Tim went on to say that it was not Sultanna's fault.
Next I texted Loni to see what I could find out about the situation.
She confirmed that Tim had had surgery - something I assumed would happen since he said his clavicle had been shattered. And I could tell that she was doing horse duty, at least for that day. Not that I am worried about the horses being checked daily - Tim and Loni have two other friends who are horsemen and will help do the daily checks, fill the water, etc. The pasture is still good and able to sustain the horses without adding in hay.
Wishing I could do something, but 1,000 miles away, I sent some flowers to Tim and Loni "from Abby." And I had to laugh at that last sentence in Tim's text acknowledging them.
We will be home on Halloween, and at the top of my to-do list is not unpacking and laundry, but a barn visit and seeing how I can help Tim as he recovers from his accident.

No comments:
Post a Comment